Mid-Level Web Coder needed!
ShopDirect is the largest online storefront provider in South Africa. We have been designing and developing eCommerce websites for over six years. We are based in Noordhoek at the Noordhoek Farm Village, nestled in one of the most beautiful valleys in the Western Cape.
We are expanding, and we’re looking for a young, fresh, passionate individual to become a part of our company and bring a unique flair and flavour to our team.
If you have talent, drive and ambition, and want to gain a wealth of experience in web design and eCommerce, then this may be the position for you.
What you’ll do:
- Front-end web coding (in HTML and CSS)
- Work with the proprietary ShopDirect eCommerce platform to set up online stores.
- Expertise in (X)HTML and CSS2.
- Time-management and self-management skills.
- Passionate about design, technology and the internet.
- A great work ethic.
- Have completed a higher education certificate (diploma or degree) in your field.
- Familiarity with new techniques in CSS3.
- Possess a working knowledge of Internet based technologies and products.
- Interest and/or experience in emerging web technologies, especially HTML5 and CSS3.
- Based in the Southern Suburbs or Southern Peninsula.
We love candidates who are:
- Positive – you don’t let the small things get you down. You are upbeat, look ahead, and think the best of people.
- Curious – you have a drive to learn and constantly hone your abilities and improve yourself.
- Professional – you are dedicated and loyal, and have a strong sense of ethics and responsibility, both towards your employer and the customers you serve.
- Talented – you are highly visually literate and can articulate and explain concepts in design and the visual arts.
- Intelligent – you are quick on the uptake, with strong design thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Organised – you can manage yourself, your time and the projects you work on.
- Team players – you care about the people you work with, and you’re happy to assist and help as needed, and to ask for help when necessary.
- Fun – you don’t take yourself too seriously, and enjoy having a good time!
- Meticulous – you are thorough and consistent, and can produce top quality work every time.
- Open – you have an ability to accept guidance and constructive criticism from more senior designers.
- Ambitious – you have a desire grow in your job and eventually rise above it.
What we offer:
- A stimulating working environment;
- Lunch is provided;
- The opportunity to become part of a company ethos that expects you to grow out of your job, make more money and challenge yourself to become better at what you really enjoy.
If this sounds like the position for you, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
To apply, send us your C.V., at least five of your best portfolio pieces and a cover letter explaining why we should select you to join our production team
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!